When grilling and bacon meet the results are unbeatable. Bacon wrapped steak, yes please! Bacon wrapped chicken, amazing. Bacon wrapped ribs, oh my! With this type of thinking it is easy to get carried away. Bacon wrapped ice cream, strange but alright. Bacon wrapped birthday presents, too far!
But let's get back to basics. Bacon Rub adds a smoky-sweet, "wrapped in bacon" flavor to anything you put on the grill. Our customers have been asking for this for years - it's been the most popular product idea two years running in our annual customer feedback survey, but we didn't want to launch it until we felt it was just right. It's all natural, and uses a very unique blend of gourmet herbs, spices and granulated brown sugar for an unreal bacon-on-the-grill flavor. It also comes in a giant 3.75oz jar for all of your summer grilling needs!
We think you're really going to love J&D's Bacon Rub - whether you're a casual griller or competition barbecue team. Try it on ribs, pork chops and butt, chicken, steak, brisket, burgers, and more. And if you come up with any winning recipes, feel free to share them with our recipe community.
To get that signature "wrapped in bacon" taste, all you need to do is:
- Trim excess fat from steaks and chops to 1/4 inch of fat max (helps avoid flare-ups and burning)
- Rub meats generously with J&D's Bacon Rub
- Leave covered and refrigerated overnight
- Bring meat back to room temperature before grilling (not required, but it definitely helps!)
- Rub oil on your grill using tongs and an oil-soaked paper towel or try a non-flammable non-stick cooking spray to avoid sticking
- Grill to temperature depending on the meat - using a meat thermometer is way better than using your tongs to guess if it's done!
J&D's Bacon Rub
Brown Sugar, Paprika, Salt, Spices, Dehydrated Garlic, Mustard Powder, natural Smoke Flavors, Yeast Extract